Made by Marion

Tuesday, October 14, 2014


TOMATO SACKS.

This is what happens to my old art pieces. I turn them into tomato or potato sacks and dot them round the garden.  I line them with plastic bags that have holes cut in the bottom and sides for drainage, then fill with potting mix and plant a tomato in the top.  By the time harvest is over, so are the bags and then they gradually turn into compost somewhere in the garden as they act as mulch. As I bought most of the wool or other fabric from op shops, I find this is a most satisfactory way to recycle. And cheap.And I don't forget to water the tomatoes as they are easily seen. We have a sort of mini-drought here at the moment, so everything in the garden is a bit dry as you can see from the grass. The one on the right was exhibited in Tamworth Art Gallery after I did a workshop with Nancy Crow. The one on the left was always a bit of a worry and never exhibited as i didn't think it was good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home