Made by Marion

Monday, September 25, 2006

Landmarks 1: The National Grid


This is number 12 in the exhibition called
 Landmarks, The National Grid, which I have posted before, so I am updating it.
Outside the front window I can see a line of huge power pylons, striding like giants over the hill into the distance.  They are visited now and then by the maintenance helicopters, which is always fun to watch.  I like to make landscapes which reflect man-made object as well as natural ones. Everything we do affects the natural world and we should try to always be aware of that.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you can't see in the photo, of course, is the wonderful texture and the use of found egdes. Well done!

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger Terri said...

I'm so happy to see the Progressions exhibition going from strength to strength. :o) I've always liked this style of work that you do. Love the colours in this one particularly. I'll have to nip down to the gallery to check it out.

 
At 1:54 am, Blogger margaret said...

Even half a world away, I can really relate to this quilt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home